Paint the Day 2019 T&C’s
Events • Exhibitions • What's On at the NAC
Terms and Conditions
- Participants will have up to 8 hours to create a work of art outdoors in the designated area (see map).
- Any visual medium may be used. (Past entries have included drawing, watercolour, pastels, acrylics, oil paint, photography, embroidery).
- If the weather is bad, participants may work under cover or indoors, but still in a public place.
- Artists must bring their canvas or other medium to the Newhampton Arts Centre between 9am and 11am on Saturday 22nd June, to be stamped before starting
- Participants must return their art works to NAC by 5pm on Saturday 22nd June.
- A maximum of two entries can be entered by an individual. An entry fee must be paid for each.
- All submissions must be ready to hang – framed or be provided with a means of hanging. Hooks and wire should be attached. A table will be provided for framing your work.
- Photographs should be printed on A4 or 10×8” format
- All work will be displayed in the exhibition at the Newhampton Arts Centre from Sunday 23rd June to Saturday 29th June.
- Photographers should be able to prove the photograph has been taken on that day.
- All art works will be available for auction within guidelines set by NAC: Minimum price of £10; maximum reserve of £100.
- Artists will receive 50% of sale price. The remainder goes to the running of the event.
- Unsold art works can be collected after 1pm on Saturday 29th June. Artwork must be collected from NAC within 2 weeks of this date unless an alternative arrangement is made
- Sales’ proceeds will be made available as soon as payment by winning buyer is made (payment is required by Friday 5th July).
- All art works are eligible for the judged prizes and the public vote prize.
- All art works by artists under 18 are eligible for an under 18 prize. (Proof of age may be required)
- All photographs are eligible for the photography prize.
- The judges’ prizes will be announced and presented at 12pm on Sunday 23rd June. All work is judged anonymously
- The public vote prize will be announced and presented at 1pm on Saturday 29th June.
- Photos of winning art works may be printed as postcards or in a calendar to promote the event and NAC. Permission will be sought from artists in advance.
- Photos of the art works will be displayed on NAC website and social media.
- Artists will be credited with all copies.
- We hope this is all clear. Feel free to talk to us if you have any queries or concerns: email@example.com; 01902 572090.