Newhampton Arts Centre Theatre Technical Specification.
The venue within the arts centre has been designed so it can be adapted into many forms. It is therefore a blank canvas in which all types of performances can take place, be it music or theatre. The movable staging and seating can be used in a variety of ways, therefore it is important that notice is given prior to the load in of shows so we can arrange set-up of the theatre. The theatre has 2 dressing rooms, a technical operating box and an area that can be used as a green room. The theatre is fully licensed, air conditioned and is non-smoking.
Floor Space Of The Theatre inc. stage area.
19.9M(L) x 9.6M(W) x 4M(H)
Recommended stage area on capacity 8M X 6M
Flooring constructed of Indian maple which is sprung.
Staging can be adapted to many sizes and shapes. The staging blocks come in 2 levels 50cm and 25cm and are 100cm square. The blocks can be used to create tier seating; side safety railings are also used at all heights.
There are approximately 120 chairs for a licensed seating capacity of 120, 250 standing or combinations.
- The lighting grid measures 17.00M x 14.0M x 48mm and holds 68 x 15amp sockets. Please note many of our units are hard wired and cannot be moved without additional charge, many of the lights are computer controlled. Pre rigs are available but consultation on cost must be made 2 weeks in advance of the event.
Lighting equipment consists of:
- Zero 88 Jester ML24 lighting control desk, supplied with operating software and colour monitor.
- 4 x Martin 250+ moving heads. HARD WIRED AND CANNOT BE MOVED. Positioned on rear bar.
- 4 x Chauvet 150 moving heads. HARD WIRED AND CANNOT BE MOVED. Positioned on rear bar.
- 12 x x LED pars
- 12 x “Quartet” F650 Watt Fresnels
- 12 four leaf barn doors for the use of above
- 8 x “Quartet 15/25 Mkll 650 Watt profiles
- 12 x Thomas par cans with gel frames. HARD WIRED AND CANNOT BE MOVED. Positioned on rear bar.
- 4 x “Nocturne” 500 single wide angle 500 Watt flood
- 6 x Birdees
- 4 x ATC6+ Dimmers
- 10 x showtec short par 56 par cans. HARD WIRED AND CANNOT BE MOVED, Positioned rear and side of ‘end on’ performance area.
- Basic theatre gel cuts are kept in stock (if you require a specific gel colour please inform ASAP (min of 2 weeks in advance. Extra Charge Maybe Made)
- Sony LCD projector house front of house.
- DUE TO THE NATURE OF VENUE SPACE IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO PRE-RIG WITHOUT ADDITIONAL COST AND NOTICE (£25 per hour).
PA Specification and Acoustics.
The theatre has been acoustically designed with acoustic tiles and drapes therefore the acoustic properties are excellent.
PA system consists of:
- 2 x s650 Crest Audio to power top end frequencies
- 2 x s2400 Crest Audio amp to power bottom end frequencies
- 2 x Martin Audio full range cabs at stage height for music events if required
- 2 x Martin sub bass cabs
- 2 x Sherman Audio GX – CUB full range cabs (flown from lighting grid)
- 2 x Sherman Bass cabs
- 1 x Allen and Heath Zed 428 24/4/2
- 1 x multi-core for above
- Various stage boxes
- 8 x Sure SM58
- 5 x Sure SM57
- 2 x Beyer M300TG
- 2 x Audio – Technica ATM27HE
- 1 x Audio – Technica PRO9D
- 1 x SM58 radio pack
- 10 x DI boxes
- 14 x Beyer Boom Mic stands
- 2 x LP Drum Clamps
- 1 x Bass Drum stand.
- 2 sure x radio head packs.
- 7 Other assorted specialised drum mikes
Additional mics can be hired at extra charge to the client. (2 weeks notice is required)
- 1 x TC electronics multi effects unit.
- 1 x SPX990 multi effects unit.
- 1 x Yamaha Q2031 graphic
- 3 x behringer stereo graphics
- 1 x DBX limiter/gate/comp
- 1 x drawer stereo comp
- 1 x Denon DCD-175 CD player
- 1 x Sony minidisk player
- 1 x Millbank paging system
- 1 x EMO RK1 Rack light
6 x wedges powered by crest audio amps.
Hard disk recording from F.O.H desk to PC is available on request.
Curtain / Blacks & Flats
There is a tab track that spans the whole perimeter of the performance space. When the blacks are closed they leave a distance of 61cm at the sides and back, which can be used as a walkway to access the stage.
Load in load out
Access to the theatre is good, and is achieved through a set of double fire doors to the rear of the theatre.
A technician is supplied to help client for a period stated in contract therefore if extra technical time is required you need to inform us ASAP as additional charges may be made. It is requested that if you require rigging time this is discussed in advance, as this may not be possible on the day of arrival.
If you require any other technical information for the theatre or centre don’t hesitate to call me.
Chris Brown (technical and facilities manager)
01902 572282 or fax 01902 572090
We guarantee on arrival a general wash will be provided, this is achieved from front of house grid numbers 37 thru 42 (see below) if you require addition washes, profiles, or additional programming time, please contact us prior to the event.