NACtivists are an independent group of volunteers who aim to support work and sustainability of the NAC by fundraising, volunteering in practical ways, generating ideas, acting as ambassadors and raising the profile of the centre.
Join in by:
- Volunteering at events
- Using the centre
- Publicising what’s on
- Helping with fundraising
- Mucking in with site maintenance
MORE UPDATES COMING SOON
Friends Get Stuck In
In 2016 ta group of Friends came together as the NACTIVISTS, an active support group who meet regularly to share ideas and opportunities. These include fundraising, volunteering at events, acting as ambassadors, painting and gardening.
If you can contribute some ideas, time or skills, contact us by messaging the Facebook group, or contact via NAC 01902 572090
In 2014-5 Friends shared their ideas, skills and time by
- Developing ideas for new opportunities which have led to
- Paint the Day – our exciting new art festival in July 2015,
- Launch of ACT, Wolverhampton Amateur and Community Theatre network, in July 2015
- Creating a new Community Room for future projects
- Decorating and donating furniture.
- Supporting our marketing review by conducting surveys with members of the public (despite the chilly weather)
- Getting creative running children’s workshops for Alice in Wonderland and Alchemy
- Getting digging as part of the Grow Wild project
- Spreading the word by distributing flyers to their own networks.
Be part of It
If you support the work of the Newhampton Arts Centre and want it to not only survive but continue to develop, then you can become actively involved by joining the NACtivists.
The Friends Group was launched in October 2014, and since the cut of Local Authority funding in April 2015, their enthusiasm and support are key to our future.
FRIENDS make a regular donation, according to what they can afford, from £10 a year to £10 a month. From the launch in October 2014 to March 2015, Friends have raised £2780 , a great start to our Fundraising