Board of Trustees Vacancies
WHO ARE WE?
The Newhampton Arts Centre is a lively arts venue, that enables diverse people and organisations to engage in a wide range of arts and community activities.
Our website will give you a flavour: www.newhamptonarts.co.uk.
WHO ARE THE TRUSTEES?
The NAC is a independent registered charity and is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors (or trustees). Directors meet regularly once a month to oversee the running of the centre. They are drawn from various walks of life and backgrounds and all have an interest in the arts. We currently have vacancies on the board and would love to hear from you.
WHY BE A TRUSTEE?
You will be able to:
- Support the survival and development of this important arts and community hub in Wolverhampton.
- Contribute support, advice and ideas from your own knowledge and experience.
- Represent your community.
- Gain experience and an understanding of arts management.
- Learn from and network with people who support the same goals.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
There are 10-12 regular meetings a year, currently from 6-8 pm on the third Tuesday of the month (usually excluding August and December), at the Newhampton Arts Centre. Small working parties also meet occasionally to tackle specific issues as they arise. Trustees also take an interest in and attend activities and events at the NAC. They act as ambassadors for the Centre in the community and may attend events on our behalf.
Trustees are unpaid volunteers but can claim expenses (eg travel, child minding)
WHAT SKILLS DO WE NEED?
- An active interest in one or more areas of the arts (music, theatre, dance, visual arts etc)
- Business Management
- Human Resources/Personnel
If you are interested in finding out more please contact Christine McGowan, Centre Manager on 01902 572090 or email email@example.com