OPPORTUNITY: Community Arts Development Officer (part time)
Newhampton Arts Centre (NAC) is a thriving and vibrant hub where people from all backgrounds enjoy seeing, creating and performing music, dance, drama and visual arts in all forms. We have a strong reputation for being welcoming and supportive to all visitors and bookers.
NAC is currently an Arts Council England National Portfolio Organisation and has an ambitious programme of work running up to 2026. Developing a community and outreach programme is a key part of the business plan including focusing on local communities, older people and children and young people. Over the past three years the programme has delivered work in partnership with local primary schools, the Holiday Activities and Food programme, Esmee Fairbairn Charitable Trust, Eveson Trust and many others.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and highly motivated Community Arts Development Officer, working closely with the programming and marketing team, to play a key role in strengthening NAC’s role in the communities that surround it.
NAC strives to be an Equal Opportunity Organisation, is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and actively encourages applicants from different backgrounds.
Title: Community Arts Development Officer (part-time)
Salary: £20,759.96 per annum (pro rata)
Responsible to: The Chief Executive at the Newhampton Arts Centre.
Hours of work: 24 hours per week. Additional hours may be required at busy times by agreement and will be paid at the same rate
Start Date: 5 December 2022 (or as soon as possible after this date)
Job Status: Permanent
- To develop programmes of work relevant and useful to the many communities that surround NAC;
- To develop links with organisations in the voluntary and education sectors who work with the communities that surround NAC;
- Develop a set of long-term objectives for NAC’s community and outreach work through consultation with local community partners.
- Work with the programming team to develop music, theatre and dance programming of relevance to our many local communities: particularly those within 10 minutes walk of NAC, young people and older people.
- Link NAC in with community initiatives local, regional and national (eg Fun Palaces, Makeshift, Big Lunch).
- Monitoring and evaluation as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Deadline for Applications: 5pm on Friday October 28th
Interviews: Thursday November 3rd (please indicate on your application any times on this day you are not available)
For an informal chat about this post telephone Chief Executive Trevelyan Wright on 01902 572090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a phone number to receive a callback.
You may also be interested in
Opportunity: Fundraising Officer (part time) Salary: £20,759.96 per annum (pro rata) Responsible to: The Chief Executive at Newhampton…