The NAC Pub Quiz
To celebrate the upcoming show The Last Quiz Night on Earth coming to NAC on 3rd March, we have devised our very own Wolverhampton pub quiz. Theatre is a round that’s very often left out of the usual pub quiz, but with its long history, we think it deserves a whole round of its own. There’s also a round all about pubs too!
See how you get on with the questions below. You can download all the answers below
Round 1 – Pubs
- Television’s Royle family frequent which public house?
- Name the pub in the book Treasure Island?
- Cheers, the American sitcom TV series, is set in which city?
- What is the most common pub name in the UK?
- Where can you buy a pint of Newton and Ridley beer?
- Newhampton Arts Centre has 2 pubs within 5 minutes walk. Can you name one of them?
- Which Cornish Inn was made famous in a Du Maurier novel?
- What is the name of the pub surrounded by zombies in “Shaun of the Dead”?
- What is Britain’s favourite snack to have with a pint?
- According to YouGov, what is the most popular and famed beer and cider brand amongst all adults?
Round 2 – Theatre
- Yoricks’s skull appears in which play by William Shakespeare?
- Who wrote the play ‘The Last Quiz Night on Earth’?
- On stage, what name is given to the out of view areas on the sides of the main performance area?
- Which theatre and gallery complex situated on pier 8 at Salford Quays was officially opened in 2000?
- What do we call days of the week or year when theatres are closed?
- Opened in 1663, what is the oldest theatre in London?
- The comic play hay fever was written by which British playwright?
- Who was the first actor to be elevated to a life peerage?
- The process of where actors will stand/sit/face whilst on stage is called what?
- What sporting event does the Sheffield Crucible host every year ?
Round 3 – Bonus Round
- Have you booked your tickets for The Last Quiz Night on Earth? If not, BOOK NOW